Dilhorne Hall Pools – Dilhorne
Nearest Post code New Road ST10 2PQ
A beautifully landscaped site containing two lakes set in the original grounds of Dilhorne hall, owned and exclusively managed by the society this is a pleasure anglers paradise.
These heavily stocked waters boast huge shoals of bream that have been reported into double figures in the past with fish from skimmers to four pounds showing regularly, a large head of specimen sized tench and carp plus hoards of silverfish, some of which run to quite impressive sizes, roach and rudd have been caught well in excess of two pounds, predators are also present with perch over three pounds and pike well into double figures.
Newly acquired for 2013, two pools to compliment the existing waters at Dilhorne. Catches have been indifferent during test fishing although several species appear to be present including the odd tench. A stocking programme is to be carried out with an emphasis on silverfish in one pool and tench, bream and crucian carp in the second.
1. Approach the waters by recognised paths only.
2. Parking on the car parks only, no parking on the track or in front of access gates.
3. No trees, shrubs or flowers to be picked or damaged.
4. No “method feeders”. Minimal use of groundbait (max 1kg per person per day).
5. No fires, No guns, No litter.
6. Only full members and Associate member night permit holders may fish at night.
7. Gate code for car park padlock, see membership book.
After several years of negotiations we have now acquired the rights to the two pools above the pools at Dilhorne. These are available for all members. Access is by carrying on up the lane past the top car park at Dilhorne.