The society has secured a lease to fish Groundslow farm pool at Tittensor.
The fishing is to be restricted to full members (white cards) only.
Full membership is open to all members who qualify, details of how to apply are available via the website.
This water has specific rules and all members should ensure that read and work to the rules (see below).
The pool is situated on a working farm and certain dangers exist associated with farm vehicles and machinery and livestock.
Care should be taken at all times to observe and respect the rights of the riparian owner.
Signs have been erected indicating car parking and boundaries which must be strictly adhered to.
The water is known to contain a wide variety of species including some quite large carp, but it is also noted as a prolific tench fishery.
Suggested baits include meat and pellets more traditional baits such as worm, maggots, bread, caster etc should also produce results.
To find thepool leave the A34 at Winghouse Lane then turn right into Beechdale lane, follow the lane around to a gate on the left hand side and refer to your rule sheet for the gate codes.
Specific water rules for Groundslow Pool
- Entry to the site is via an electric gate with a traffic light system. Only enter when the light is green and the gatehas come to a complete standstill. CCTV is in operation.
- Use the gate codes printed on your rule sheets to enter and leave the site. Leaving the site the same system must be observed. Under no circumstances should members attempt to cross the boundary whilst the gate is still moving. CCTV is in operation.
- Access to the site is from 5am.Members must leave the site by 9pm. Night fishing is not permitted.The use of lights must be kept to a minimum.
- On site speed limit is strictly 10mph. Parking is in designated spaces only.Members are not allowed to drive beyond the car park to drop off or pick up equipment.
- Members are allowed in the pool and car park area only. All other areas including onsite toilets are strictly out of bounds.
- Pole fishing is not allowed on the car park side of the pool.
- No juveniles under 10 years old are allowed on the water. Juveniles aged 10-12 may fish accompanied by an adult on the same pag using pegs 12 to 24 only. No juveniles are allowed to fish on the car park side of the pool.
- The fishery is in close proximity to resindential properties, any noise or bad language will not be tolerated.
- The fishery is only accessible from three sides, under no circumstances should members attempt to cross the pool by way of the road at the far end of the pool between pegs 1 to 24.
MEMBERS IN BREACH OF ANY OF THE ABOVE RULES WILL FACE DISCIPLINARY ACTION AND MAY BE EXPELLED FROM THE SOCIETY