River Dove – Doveridge
Nearest Postcode Yelt lane DE6 5JW
This water is affected by overhead power lines.
A fabulous stretch of river owned by the society consisting of rapids, gentle glides, deep holes, sweeping bends and overhanging willows associated with chub and barbel fishing.
This really is a specimen angler’s dream with chub to six pounds and barbel into double figures including a reported fifteen pounds plus fish taken towards the end of 2012.
Shoals of roach and bream are present and even the odd carp or two and for the dedicated pike angler there are some very large specimens although they tend to be few and far between. Game fish are prevalent throughout the stretch with brownies and grayling regularly falling to maggot hookbaits.
1. Approach the water by recognised paths only.
2. Close all gates and observe all farmers rights.
3. No trout to be kept in keepnets.
4. No fish including trout or grayling to be removed.
5. Accompanied juveniles aged 12 years and over allowed but the accompanying adult will be held responsible for any complaint or accident.
6. No fishing within 30 metres of overhead power lines.
7. No Dogs, No Fires, No Guns, No litter.
8. Only full members and Associate member night permit holders may fish at night.
At Blythe Bridge Join A50 to Uttoxeter
1. Merge onto Uttoxeter Rd/ A50
2. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto A50
Go through 2 roundabouts
3. Take the exit toward Doveridge
4. Turn right onto Marston Lane
5. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Derby Rd
Continue to the end of Yelt Lane.
At T Junction at bottom of lane turn right and park on the grass on the right hand side.