Sutton Brook – Hilton
Nearest Postcode Main Street DE65 5PF
This water is affected by overhead power lines.
A tributary of the Dove owned by the society, this small river lends itself perfectly to fly fishing with the traditional dry fly being favoured by many, stocked regularly with brown trout plus the existing stocks of wild brownies and grayling make this water a superb game fishery. Coarse anglers are also catered for here with numerous dace, roach and perch plus quite large chub and barbel.
1. Access to the water is via the gate near A516 road bridge. Padlock code required. Members are reminded that when fishing at Sutton Brook there is no car parking. The lock gate access is pedestrian only and cars are strictly forbidden from accessing and parking.
2. Fly fishing only from 15th March to 15th June inclusive.
3. No trout to be kept in keepnets.
4. No fish including trout or grayling to be removed.
5. Juveniles must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
6. No fishing within 30 metres of overhead power lines.
7. No Dogs, No Fires, No Guns, No litter.
8. Only full members and Associate member night permit holders may fish at night.